Download the dataset below to solve this Data Science case study on Consumer Complaint Identification. (Dataset Source: CFPB)
Consumer Complaint Identification: Case Study
Every consumer care department gets thousands of complaints every day. The department needs to identify the nature of complaints to act on the most important ones first.
Here is a dataset based on consumer complaints collected by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Below are all the features in the dataset:
- Date received: The date on which the complaint received
- Product: Type of product in which the consumer identified complaint
- Sub-product: Type of sub-product in which the consumer identified complaint
- Issue: The issue reported by the consumer
- Sub-issue: The sub-issue reported by the consumer
- Consumer complaint narrative: Complete description of the complaint reported by the consumer
This problem aims to identify the category of the complaint filed by the consumer to identify the most important issues to be addressed first. The Product column contains the name of the product where the consumer found issues. So the Product column is the target variable in this classification problem.